Monday, June 18, 2012

May 21,2012

Oh those pictures are great!! and by the way YES I did receive your package and yes everything is delisiouso and I love the superman balloon and the pictures of the mountains! Oh it is so nice to look at them before I go to bed every night! I'm glad you liked my videos and I hope you got my Mothers day cards. if not they will be there soon.:)ha I'm way happy for Carl that is great and Luke, sounds like they killed that team you could have probably gone home and taken another nap!!hahaha! Well I'll tell you a little about my week. One story in particular. We received a call on Friday from Elders outside of our area that asked us if we could go to the hospital in our area and give this man a Priesthood blessing. So we called and let  the man know we would be coming in the hour.  So we got there and he told us about the last few months leading up to this point, so here it goes. His wife died about 9 moths ago, she was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  He thought that he could get over his depression by drinking and smoking. Well all that did was wind him up in the hospital that same month his wife died, and for the past 9 months he has visited the hospital every month because he can't breathe. He doesn't drink or smoke anymore. Well so when we got there I thought well I better bless the family that they can handle his passing, but as I started the blessing rather choppy and not so well, I felt it was not his time to go yet. So I blessed him that he would have health, and there is still something he needs to do before going home. Well he was very grateful and I told him to hold in there and to have faith. The next day the daughter called us and told us he looks worse but he says he feels a little better. He had been on my mind ever since the blessing so I decided that we needed to go back to the hospital and invite him to take the lessons and ultimately be baptized.  We got there and I asked him if he would like to take the lessons, he replied "yes".  A few minutes later he asked me with his oxygen mask on fighting for the words, "what do I need to do to be with my wife again" I was happy to tell him. We had a great conversation. We will have to refer him to the English Elders because well, he speaks English.  I will defiantly keep an eye on how he is doing. That has been one of the great blessing I have received this week. Well mom I have to get going but I hope you like these pictures and keep smiling:) Take care of yourself mom I love you!
 
Love Your son Elder Henze With a side of SUNSHINE:)ha ha
 
Until We Meet Again

No comments:

Post a Comment