Tuesday, October 9, 2012

September 3, 2012

Dear Mom
 I knew the news would come eventually but the emptiness I feel for her is still unavoidable. Even with the great knowledge I have, the passing of a loved one is still not an easy thing. I wish I could have told her myself how much I love her before she passed but I think she knows by me choosing to stay. If you could please call the mission office and tell them the day of her burial and have them tell me or get permission to tell me over the phone or something so I know for sure. Well mom it is really late here.  A member was kind enough to let us use her computer if I could caulk her trimming on her ceiling.ha ha! Well I best get going.  I love y'all so much!! Take care love y'all
Love Elder Henze
Until We Meet Again!!!!
PS please let papa know I love him!!!


 (I included our letter to Jacob so his readers would understand what was going on at this point.)
On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 12:16 AM, Janet Henze <henzejanet@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hey Sunshine,

We hope this letter finds you happy and well.
This week has been very difficult for us as a family.  We spent the week in the ICU with Nana as she struggled to breathe.
It was a great blessing when Sunday morning at 1:20 am Heavenly Father took her back in to His loving arms.  We are so sad for us and the void it leaves but again, we are so thankful for the plan of salvation and the very specific counsel in the Book of Mormon that teaches us about death and the resurrection.  We are so sorry to have to give you such sad news again.  There must be a lesson we all need here.  I want you to know that Nana wanted us to tell you that she loves you and that she is so very proud of YOU.
And that if you need a guardian angel, she will be watching over you.  As difficult as this week has been I must say it has been a very sacred week.  Nana had a vision where her parents and both sets of grandparents came to her room and visited her.  They didn't say anything to her, just smiled at her and sent her extreme amounts of love.  She said she felt so very much at peace.  Her grandparents she recognized them because of the hats they used to wear when she was a small girl.  She thought that was very kind of Heavenly Father to let them wear their hats so she would recognize them.  I thought it was a tender mercy too.
Nana took on a very matriarchal role and spoke to each of her grandchildren and gave them her last counsel for their lives.  Each breath was difficult, but it was that important to her. You were included in that and  she asked us to convey her great love for you and your service to our Father in Heaven.  Dad, Mike, Kendall, Tammy and Poppa were with her when she left.  There are no more worldly cares for her, or pain.  We felt very blessed to be with her and to feel the throngs of spirits waiting to receive her.
Her funeral services will most likely be on Saturday in the afternoon.
The boys send their love.  We are all so proud of you Jacob.  It is so important to keep your hands on the plow.  I wasn't with Nana when she passed away because it was more important for me to take care of the living.  There was nothing more I could do for her.  It is equally important for you to take care of the living and continue doing our Fathers work in the magnificent way that you have been.
Dad and I were so very impressed with the tribute you gave to Tyler.  Let your work be a tribute to Nana.

We love you son!!!!  Make it a great week.
All our love,
Jacob and his companions wore blue ties in memory of Nana on the day of her funeral.  Blue was her favorite color.

No comments:

Post a Comment