Wednesday, October 31, 2012

October 30, 2012

Hey mom how are you!!  It sounds like ya'll had quite the weekend!! That is awesome!! I love hearing that!! I'm bummed that football is over. I'll miss hearing about it. I guess you'll just have to send me updates on college now and the NFL if anything good is happening;) So my new companion is from Syracuse, Idaho and he is a hard worker which is really good!! He is 24 years old and he has about a half a year left so it is really surprising that President has put me as the senior companion. That must mean that I just get to help more and that is fine with me. We don't speak as much Spanish as I did with my last companion who I tell ya what, I miss him sooooooooooooooo much! For one he is my son in the mission and 2 beacause he has helped me out a lot with Spanish and with other things that you get faced with in the day to day life as a missionary. I miss him. But my new companion is good and we have been working hard. For the first little while we were on foot and so we walked a ton every day.  Well  by the end of this week we racked up 108 contacts so that beats my record in a week so I am happy about that. We have been doing our best to get this area going. The Bishop has started to put in motion the idea that Elder Vasquez and I suggested to him which was to get family history going in our ward to help the less actives and investigators. So they have been working hard to get that going for us and I'm very excited about it!! So a miracle for the week!  As we were walking at the begining of the week, we went to visit this apartment complex and do some tracting so we tracted for a while and we got some good contacts but nothing solid.  Then it was drawing near to the end of our night as we decided to walk home which was about a mile and a half. Well as we were walking Elder Jorgensen and I were just talking about Joseph Smith and ya know, small talk. Well I see this black guy that is on the sidewalk but walking the other direction.  As we passed him I had this deep impression to talk to him, but I figured no, it's late we have to get home, and so we kept walking and the thought came to me again "turn around and talk to that man, he needs you!!." So I quickly turned around and hollered to the man and said excuse me sir. He then turned around and came walking back to talk to me,  I was suprised he didn't just take off running because of the area we were in, but we came up to each other and I asked him what's wrong? Then I said "I had this impression from God that I need to stop and talk to you." "We are representatives of Jesus Christ." He then put his hands on his face and looked up at the sky, he tried to speak but didn't know what to say at first, so he pulled out his phone and showed me a picture of his daughters. He began to explain that he is a single father and is being watched over by childrens services and they are going to take his kids if he can't pay a $26 bill for the lights in his house. We talked a little more and he told me it needed to be a money order and I asked him where do they do money orders at this time of night and he told us.  I said come on lets go get that money order. We walked the extra 1/2 mile to get to the gas station that does money orders and with the money I recived for my birthday I got the money order and gave it to the man. He then gave me his number and address, so I can keep in contact with him. His name is David. I don't think I've ever used my birthday money in a better way. He can now keep his daughters, which is a family. We are supposed to help families be eternal and I feel that this is a step for that family. This was an amazing experience and one very dear to my heart. God will use us when we are in the right place at the right time doing the right things. We all have a testimony to share and it will always have a cause and affect on those around you. Think ye not before hand what ye shall say but treasure up in your minds continually the words of life, and it shall be given you in the very hour that portion that is metted unto every man.(not exact but pretty darn close) So this week has been a pretty good one and we are just doing our best to get the ball rolling here. Well  I love ya'll so much and I hope you have a great week and "SEE MIRACLES" ;) i love you mom take care and keep smiling;)
 
Love Elder Henze 

No comments:

Post a Comment